Can you solve the problem?
IMII’s minerals industry members – BHP, Cameco, Mosaic and Nutrien, have submitted technology needs that could be met by suppliers, inventors, start-ups, and other innovators either through the development or demonstration of a new, innovative technology.
On Friday, January 7 at noon via Teams the list will be released.
These items (plus any other ideas you may have) will be the focus of this year’s IMII DEMOday and Innovation Award.
In doing so they are looking:
- For new insights and inspiration from suppliers in addressing their toughest technology challenges
- To build connections with the industry’s supply chain in specific areas of interest
- To advance a technology development, demonstration, or deployment collaboration
- To meet new innovative talent to explore solutions
IMII’s DEMOday is an open innovation opportunity for existing suppliers with new ideas, new companies with new solutions, researchers with a desire to move their ideas out of a lab an into a start-up, developers, data scientists, inventors, entrepreneurs, and other innovators wanting to help make Saskatchewan’s minerals industry more safe, productive, and sustainable.
This opportunity to pitch your idea or solution to these major minerals companies is for those:
- Interested in building new industry partnerships in response to a technological need
- Interested in connecting with the IMII and other funders to support technology development, demonstration, and deployment
- Looking to grow their company through innovation
- Looking to learn more about the latest challenges faced by Saskatchewan’s minerals industry
Applications to join IMII and its industry members at DEMOday and be considered for IMII’s Innovation Award and gain further recognition for your innovative solution, open on January 7th and are due by February 18th.
All submissions received by this date will undergo a merit-review selection process involving representatives of IMII’s minerals member companies. Those invited to pitch their innovation will be notified by April 4th.
Innovations selected for further development, demonstration or deployment will be eligible to receive up to $250,000 in funding from IMII and to partner with one or more of IMII’s minerals company members in a collaborative technology project to demonstrate or trial your solution in a supportive mining environment.