PPT from event is HERE
This 75-minute presentation by Marty Park of Evolve Business Group will focus on changes and adaptations that SIMSA members need to start to make, in order to offset any losses by larger global influences (tariffs, China, climate). These include:
- Up-skilling your sales group
- Diversifying clientele
- Securing larger sections of a smaller pie
- Customer Service’s role in business stability
- Value Added Strategies
- Improved competitiveness
- Costs to cut and places to invest
Marty was awarded the Business Coach of the Year for North America and the Recipient for Global Contribution to the coaching profession*. Marty has been selected as one of Calgary’s Top 40 under 40. Marty was awarded the CYBF Canadian Mentor of the Year. More recently, Marty was selected as one of 18 entrepreneurs to represent Canada at the G20 Entrepreneur Summits in France, Mexico City and Russia.
More about Marty Park
- Operated 13 companies in 6 industries over the last 25 years
- In 2009 sales were off 46% in our chain of restaurants … had to adapt and find ways to weather that storm
- In 2010 HSBC called our loan and had to manage through the financing of that experience and how to protect against it
- Operated as public company CEO and private company president - know both private and public demands
- Have guided dozens of clients in Alberta through the 2014-current downturn with the economy - how to proactively focus on growth, sales and service to offset any market conditions
- Spoken all over Northern Alberta (8 municipality presentations) on tactics and strategies to manage in a downturn and how to offset the loss of oil and gas business
- Author of new book Tiger By The Tail - 99 Secrets to Tame and Master Your Business
- Working on book called Selling Inc.- How to create a sales focused organization
Marty has owned and operated 13 companies in 6 industries since he was 21 years old. His first company was a technology startup, after which he ventured into audio production, retail, the hospitality industry and most recently advertising/marketing. He has been a crucial player in all phases of start-up and growth, including corporate strategy, sales, marketing, operations and finances.
In 2004, he founded Evolve Business Group Inc., and has remained its president and a participating business adviser. Marty brings 25 years of strategic management experience, sales and business coaching to his Evolve clients.
In 2007, Marty and good friend Ron Jarrett, launched Mark of a Man Inc. This is a training program, and upcoming podcast, for young men, ages 17-25, that teaches life success skills. Marty launched and grew a successful restaurant group, called San Remo Ristorante with locations throughout Calgary. Marty opened the Ironwood Stage and Grill which is now a music institution in Calgary. In 2016 Marty exited the restaurant and bar business after 19 years in the industry.
Marty joined a publicly traded, advertising company called Rare Method as interim CEO. He subsequently privatized the organization, re-branded the company Rare Communications with offices in Calgary and San Antonio, TX. In 2015, Marty sold the business to a competitor from Ontario.
Over the last five years, Marty has focused on family - having two sons with his beautiful wife Lisa. Marty has pursued his passion for speaking and writing as an expert on business and personal performance. His new book, Tiger by the Tail – 99 Secrets to Tame and Master Your Business has launched. Visit Marty’s website for information at www.martypark.com.